The Road to Alpha, Week 15 - A Mixed Bag
No donation money was used for the cap...
What I did
- Continued working on integrating the traffic simulation with the new road system
- Car agents can now use the new roads
- Pathfinding rewritten to work with road systems consisting of individual lanes
- Many animations and traffic behaviours are still missing
- Still lots of bugs in the underlying lane connections structure that have been uncovered by the agents
- Got a MacBook Pro!
- Started cross-platform testing & optimization
- Full Retina resolution not really feasible
- Added upscaling that lowers resolution of 3D graphics, but leaves the User Interface at full resolution
What I will probably do next
- Fix bugs in the new road system
- Make agents make more use of the new road system
- Start working on gameplay again
Discussion on Reddit
Discussion on Simtropolis
Discussion on Something Awful
Want to be notified when there's development news? Subscribe to the Newsletter!
You can also follow @CityboundSim on Twitter
If you want, you can already show your support. Any amount is highly appreciated!
Bitcoin address: 1KQR42DR9UP7WGrS98fcTpkgYPYxqwMZeu
Dogecoin address: DPkZosjgtAFnbXtDgauUJnyiPacfr8SLbz