What I did (Jan. 19 '17)
Felt very productive today :)
- Finished documenting Kay, for now
- Set up a Gitter chatroom for developer discussions
n1313asked there how non-Rust devs can contribute, this inspired me to mention two ideas I had for the first time:
- a web-app implementing a "Mod AppStore", where people will be able to discover, rate and publish mods
- a web-app for creating beautiful city showcases / journals, with tight integration into the game (direct savegame download, city statistics, etc.)
- I'll try to set up repository skeletons with some basic requirements for these projects tomorrow and whoever is interested can have a go at some prototyping!
kingoflolzmentioned some nice optimization ideas (even though he has an exam - good luck!)
I started to clean up and drastically reorder a lot of game code, starting with the file structure, but also disentangling all kinds of loosely-related topics (lane microtraffic, connectivity, construction, ...) that were just connected in one huge hairball.
Tomorrow I want to start seriously thinking over how I implemented the planning interface code - I think I can arrive at something much simpler...
- that will be inherently less buggy
- that will make it easier to implement similar stuff (pathways, railways, ...) in the future